Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's not everday a young man turns eleven!!


Jack's Birthday was great. He invited over a couple of friends for a morning of laser tag and then came home for pizza and banana splits. I even made the fudge and strawberry sauce from scratch. (You should really come over and have one of my banana splits). After lunch the boys wanted to extend the party so they went fishing, jumped on the trampoline and shot cans of soda with Jack's bow and arrows. The party was planned for 3 hours but ended up being 8 hours. It was by far our longest party to date.
Things I love about Jack:
Jack is so quick witted. He has all these funny insights. My mom called the other day asked to talk to Lily and Jack told her she wasn't around and that she had dual citizenship with our neighbors.
Jack is still very tenderhearted (don't tell any other boys I said that).
Jack loves track and field and swimming.
Jack's new talent is piano. He had his first recital and did great. The funny thing was his teacher had flowers for all of them to wear. The girls had pink and the boys red. Jack did not want to wear a flower. I know Paul has told me that when he was younger he did not want anyone to think he was girly because he only had sisters. So, he avoided anything associated with girls even GI Joe. Well, Jack had his mini-Paul moment and panicked about the flower. When he walked into the recital he had his hand over his flower like he was saying the Pledge of Allegiance. Super funny kid.
He is getting really good at rolling his eyes at me. I hear this is a developmental stage for all 11 year old boys.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Jack has a keen sense of humor. I remember last year on the house boat, one of the girls said Jack was acting weird. Jack's reply was that he was not acting -- it came very natural to him! Boys much older than Jack can't come up with such a quick and clever response. What a great kid!!