Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, March 6, 2011

EVa turns five...YEEEHAW!






The cowboy themed Blue and Gold cake inspired a great birthday for Eva. We decided to have a cowgirl party!! We have been to so many princess, fairy, ballerina parties that we thought it would be fun to shake things up. Eva was excited because her favorite shoes this year have been her pink and white cowgirl boots. (Does this remind anyone of Jack's cowboy phase where he only wore wrangler jeans, cowboy shirts and boots for about 2 1/2 years. He went through about 4 pairs of boots before it was all said and done. And these were genuine boots from Murdocks the cowboy accessory and feed store.)

At the party we had sheriff badges to color and glue onto party bags, several games: lasso the tiger (we don't have a horse), rattlesnake (jump over wiggly rope), shoot range (inspired by Cabelas made by Jack in our basement), I spy the cowboy guy (I spy with my little eye) and a pinata. Eva said it was the best party ever.

Eva is still a mommy's girl. She loves to draw and does on any paper in our house. She loves to watch her "kid shows" and play outside. Her favorite time of year is summer because she loves to swim. She looks outside everyday to check if the umbrellas are open at the neighborhood pool. Because when they are open the pool is open. She loves to go shopping with me and informs me when we get to the store that I can buy whatever I want and she can buy whatever she wants. She makes us laugh everyday with her funny faces and jokes. She is a blessing in our home.

When I took her birthday picture I told her how to stand and after she wanted to do her own photo shoot Eva style see if you can guess which was her own style.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness! She is getting so big. Super cute party Stacy.

Tara Trythall said...

How are you? Eva is SO cute! I love her party and her pose! She's got some sass! She needs to hang out with my girls. I miss you.

BETH said...

So I love the cow pie cake. Very authentic looking.
Happy birthday to Eva. Her and my Merry are only 2 months apart. I am sure they are BFF's in waiting.

Natalie said...

Faith can't wait to inherit those boots!

BETH said...

Hey, are you going to be around the weekend before the 4th of July? We are coming to visit my brother and would love to see your fam. Let me know.

Diane said...

I love the close-up shot with the hat. I made copies for Great Grandma, Aunt Martha, Grandpa, and me! I hope this phase lasts a long time.