Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, September 9, 2010

A fashion query

Let me begin by stating.....I do not claim to be a fashionista. I do like to have at least my big toe in the door of what is trendy. But I am not typically the first and foremost trendsetter on the block. With that foundation I would like to present a valid fashion question to the masses.

Is there an age appropriate limit for wearing leggings?

I will admit that when I first noticed leggings appearing on the isles of Target (this probably explains why I am not a fashionista. Target is my cool factor barometer) I had feelings of "been there, done that". And a slight grin that a whole new generation of teens would have to face those embarrassing photos referred as the "legging phase".

I at that time had strong feelings that leggings definitely had a shelf life that ended with your college years. But now I notice that what I thought was going to be a quick legging fashion flashback has turned into a multi-season staple. These leggings are everywhere. And the shirts on the racks are long and designed to be paired with these pants from my past.

So, after a long rant I ask the question again. Is there an age limit for leggings? And if yes, what are you all wearing with the long tunics?

P.S.
For anyone who is wondering what started this panic attack in the first place I send you to the Coldwater Creek fall catalog page #53. I flipping through, saw the add and thought maybe I should dive into the deep end of leggings 2010. Kind of cute, right?

3 comments:

Chelsea Haight said...

Personally, I don't get the leggings either. I loved them when I was six, but I now, I need to feel like there is something covering me when I am in public. I am still young and could potentially pull off the leggings, but I have no desire. I don't want to revisit the "leggings phase." I think my generation has a strong desire to go back to the early 90s when we all wore leggings and jellies and shirts with sparkly kittens. No thank you. I like to look like a grown up. But I also don't get skinny jeans. I think they look dumb on 97% of the people who wear them. But have you heard of "jeggings?" No joke, it is a real product. Leggings that are supposed to look like jeans. That's a whole other fashion query for you.

P.S. This isn't supposed to sound bitter, just slightly disgusted at what people enjoy wearing.

Jessica said...

LOL! Stacy - you are funny. Some fashions I like right away - others wear on me after a while. If they have worn you down and you want them --- get them. I think they look cute with some dresses, longer tops and such. :) Make sure and post a picture of you in them ;)

Janan said...

I've seen them worn with tall boots, to look like opaque tights. Ditto to Jessica.